A Practical Guide to Incorporating Technology into your Next Project
When + Where:
March 12, 2014, 6:30 p.m.
Archimedia Riyadh Showroom
211 Prince Mohammed Ibn Abdulaziz (Tahleya) St., Deghaither center, Store 4
Light snacks and refreshments will be served.
This event is registered for 2 AIA Learning Units
Technology is everywhere—be prepared to meet your clients’ growing needs and demands! Participants will be able to identify areas where technology impacts design and discuss such key areas such as value to the client, benefits of properly planned for and installed components, key elements, budgeting, best practices, and common misconceptions. Attendees will leave with an in-depth knowledge of the types of technologies that can be installed into residential projects and the proper infrastructure that is needed to support these complex systems, as well as being able to incorporate essential timelines needed for engaging an electronic systems professional in the design and build process.
- Identify five areas of home technology to include infrastructure, media systems, distributed music, lighting control, and integration
- Within each module:
- Recognize the value
- Define key benefits
- Identify glossary of key elements
- Create checklist of best practices
- Establish and dispel common misconceptions
- Establish budgeting techniques
- Recognize the essential timeline for engaging an electronic systems professional in the design and build process